Friday, May 21, 2010

Its a Beautiful Day in Pennsylvania

This has been a beautiful, sunny and warm day.  I was outside drinking my coffee on the back deck this morning, looking out over the lake.  That's one of my favorite things to do when the weather is warm.  It's very quiet here early in the day, so you can hear the birds sing, a few lawn mowers running, a dog bark now and then, and every once in a while a boat will go by.   Since my little Fergie has to be wherever I am, he also enjoys laying in front of me in his little bed.
Then after lunch I told Bob we needed to clean up the fire pit sitting area down by the lake.  Austin and family are coming up tonight for dinner and we promised Logan and Landen we would make a fire and do smores.
Bob moved the furniture out of the way and cut the grass.  I finished raking up the leaves and sticks left over from the winter.  Then I sat in my blue glider for a little rest.  I love days like this.  Now it's 5:00 and I'm going to go back out on the deck with a glass of wine before I start the salad for dinner.  I'm going to grill a few steaks for Bob and I and the kids are bringing a pizza. 
Now here's the possible spoiler of the whole day.  It's starting to look like it may rain! So there you have it; a typical late spring/summer day in Western Pennsylvania.  We may be having smores heated up in the microwave!


10 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a delightful day! It was gorgeous here in S. Jersey too. I headed "Down the Shore" with my girlfriends for the day.
xoxo,
Kim

DJan said...

Could be worse! Smores are good no matter how you have them. And you will be with family, what could be better? I love your description of your day, it sounds just delightful. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and serene!

I love smores, even from the microwave :)

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, my you have a beautiful home and what an amazing view you have. I can just sit there on the deck have a nice book by my side to read and ofcourse some tea (I am a tea drinker ) oh, what a great way to relax. I love your blog and I will be visiting more often.

http://showmemama.blogspot.com
Have a great day!
Show Me Mama

FabricFascination said...

So much to be thankful for, sounds like a lovely day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Productive and relaxing at the same time. I love this time of year.

Theresa said...

Gorgeous view and I bet you still had fun even with it raining:) Have a blessed day and enjoy whatever you are doing! HUGS!

Holly Renee said...

I love Fergie, too cute! I also love s'mores!!

Unknown said...

S'mores make the best memories. I can imagine how good they are down by the lake!

Lillian Robinson said...

Seems so often our campfire plans get rained out too. We've had more than our usual share lately. Still, we've managed a few already this season.

Hope your enjoying your trip.

BlogCatalog

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Stumble Upon