Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful That Christmas Trees are Done

Oh my, I'm getting tired.  A very content kind of weary.  I finished my Christmas decorating today.  I put away all the boxes and vacuumed and swept the mess left on the floors.  The only minor details left are some new fake poinsetta bushes for the window boxes outside the second floor windows and some adapters that are needed for the outside extension cords.  That's on my schedule for tomorrow, along with a haircut in the morning and Thanksgiving dinner grocery shopping.
 There will only be four of us for dinner this Thanksgiving.  I usually have around ten to thirteen.  Now with son #2 and family in Spokane, son #1 and family in Germany for ten days,  Grandma and Grandpa now in the nursing home, that just leaves my Mom and Dad and My Bob and me.  The four of us are also leaving the day after Thanksgiving to visit the kids in Spokane.  Packing for that trip is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday evenings.  My Bob suggested that with so much going on we should order out or eat out for our Thanksgiving dinner just this once.  I just can't do that! I love preparing Thanksgiving dinner.  I love the smells and watching the parades on TV while I cook.  My biggest challenge is going to be in trying to prepare small portions.  I'm not used to that.
Because of the Spokane trip is the reason I had to (wanted to) get all the decorating finished before we leave.  As I promised earlier, I have pictures.  I just have to say, though, that after looking at the pictures I don't think they do justice to the real thing.  It's hard to get a picture with all the lights lit and have it turn out good. 

This is my Victorian tea room tree.


My dining room tree - all crystal and gold


Angel tree outside my bedroom


Shoe and purse tree in my loft


Living Room tree in gold, burgundy and old fashioned blown glass ornaments.
(I think this tree is leaning now that I see it in a picture.  Note to self - fix that)


This is my foyer - with flash


Foyer - without flash

I didn't get pictures of the front porch tree or outside yet.  Not quite finished there.
So that's my Christmas tour so far.  Will show more of the tour later, that doesn't involve the trees.
I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  I am very blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

14 comments:

Rae said...

WoW. Your home is decorated so beautifully. You did a fantastic job. Hope you have a safe trip and blessed holiday.

Theresa said...

Oh Nina! How gorgeous! I love all of your trees and the bannister with the flash:) Sweet that you have all this done. I just can't do it before Thanksgiving is over, but I certainly envy you getting it behind you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with your Parents. Love to all and Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Annette said...

I LOVE all the trees! Especially the purse and shoe tree! It all looks so beautiful and I can't wait to see more! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lillian Robinson said...

I can tell you REALLY love decorating! I'm looking forward to the outdoor 'tour'.

DJan said...

Wow, Nina, I never heard of so many trees in one house! That is amazing, and an incredible amount of work. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving, and travel safely to Spokane! Thanks for the great pictures; I love the stairs.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

So many pretty trees! I Love your foyer! Enjoy the season and your family. Have a very happy Thanksgiving! Twyla

Grandma Lizzie's House said...

Nina, WOW, the trees look fantastic. I'm sure you're feeling relieve that it's done. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Nina, Nina! You have succeeded in making me feel totally insecure and a failure at Holiday decorating! But....I am not surprised at your over achievements!! All of your trees are beautiful, and the garland on your stairs looks incredible.

Have a wonderful Day of Thanksgiving...you deserve it. I am so thankful for blogging friends like you!

Smooches!

Housewife Savant said...

Wowza. I'm tired just reading about your busyness.
I love the pix. Your trees are gorgeous.

blushing rose said...

Whew! Nina! I am exhausted from all the work you did ... such exquisite trees & gorgeous accessories.

Hope you had a lovely Tsgiving.

Follow me please on our new blog ~ old had too many issues.

blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com
TTFN ~Marydon

Mariah said...

I love how you have theme trees, how cute is that?? I also dig the stenciling on your walls.

Margaret said...

My you sure have been busy , the decorations look lovely and I am sure they make you feel good. as they do any one seeing them.

Grandma Lizzie's House said...

Nina, You haven't had a post for awhile so I hope all is well and that you had a great Thanksgiving and that you had a chance to relax.

La Petite Gallery said...

Nina,
Nice post.
WHEN YOU LEARN HOW TO SCAN please do a lesson on your post and send me one.

I too have great photo's of my old hotel. It was haunted and I wanted to us my pictures of the white Stag Inn. That's my next post. I found it on the internet, It's now the Orchard Inn/

BlogCatalog

Family Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Stumble Upon